Your backyard is your own personal oasis in the desert of Arizona—or rather, it can be. With a little planning and landscape design, you can turn your backyard into a place that makes it easy for you and your family to enjoy the great outdoors of Arizona, all year long.
Here are eight of our favorite features for landscape design of Phoenix backyards. Pick your favorite, or combine several to create your ultimate outdoor escape, right in your own backyard.
- A fireplace or fire pit. It may seem unnecessary for a backyard in the desert, but a fireplace or fire pit actually gives you more reason to get out and enjoy your backyard. Think cozy fireside chats in the winter, and your own personal s’more station in the summer. Even if you don’t want a fire pit for warmth, it still adds a nice ambience to your backyard.
- A gazebo. For a little classic charm, consider adding a gazebo to your backyard. Backyards in Arizona will especially benefit from this feature, since it gives you a good amount of shade. Even the hottest Arizona days can be good for outdoor eating or socializing, if you’ve got a little shade and a mister system.
- Well-placed lighting. Strategically-placed lighting can give your backyard a whole new look. You can use spotlights, floodlights, pathway lights, or hanging lights to create an atmosphere that brings out the best in your backyard, so you can enjoy it day and night.
- A built-in barbeque. There’s nothing like a barbeque on a hot day! And in Phoenix, we’ve got plenty of hot days. A built-in barbeque will not only add to the aesthetic and value of your backyard, it will also make it much more convenient to enjoy those outdoor meals.
- A swimming pool. Backyard swimming pools are extremely popular in the Phoenix area, and for good reason. Many Phoenix residents are able to use their pools year-round! While a pool may be a big investment, it can also add to the value of your home. If it’s something that your family would use regularly, it may be worth it!
- Other water features. Even if you don’t go all out with a big swimming pool, water features are always welcome in Phoenix backyards. Whether you keep it kid-friendly with a backyard splash pad, or just bring a little water in with a pretty fountain, water in any form will help your backyard feel just a little less “desert.”
- A putting green. This is one unique feature that will really give your backyard something special. Installing a small putting green in your backyard will give you yet another way to enjoy your outdoor space, and give your backyard a little “wow” factor that you and your guests will enjoy.
- A raised garden. All desert landscaping could use a little more green. Add some to your backyard with a raised garden bed. Plant flowers and bushes that make your backyard look a little more lush. The raised bed will give it a luxury look and keep everything neat. It’s a great landscaping feature for any Phoenix backyard!
The best part about all of these features is that it’s totally possible to add them to almost any backyard. Putting a little thought and effort into your landscape design will pay off in the end. If any of these landscape design features appeal to you, call Rustic Creek Landscaping. We’ve been in the landscape design business for 13 years, and we can help you create the backyard of your dreams. Fill out our online form to schedule an in-home consultation, or give us a call at 480-428-2795. We look forward to working with you!